From forced air systems to electric baseboards, you have a multitude of options to keep your house cozy and warm. Radiant heating is one type of heating that you may not be too familiar with. What is radiant heating, and what are some of the reasons to use this heating source for your home?
What is Radiant Heating?
Radiant heating warms up the floors in your house via electrical sources, heated water, or heated air. Water-based heating solutions are the most common. Radiant heating is also available for walls and ceilings in the home. The radiant heat transfer provides warmth throughout the room.
5 Reasons to Use Radiant Heating
There are quite a few reasons to choose radiant heating as your desired heat source. From allergen benefits to cost effective features, radiant heating is an optimal choice for many individuals. But is radiant heating right for you? Here are some pros of radiant heating to consider:
- Air Quality Benefits: Radiant heating is often a good choice for allergy sufferers. Since radiant heating doesn’t blow hot air around the room, it won’t create air movement that could blow pollen, dust, and other allergens through the air.
- Controlled Heating Access: When you have a radiant heating setup, you can control the temperature via a smart thermostat in many cases. This makes it easy to control the heat in your house, whether you’re home or not!
- Even Heating Component: Radiant heating distributes the warmth evenly, so you won’t have to deal with chilly areas in different parts of the home.
- Cost-Effective Heating: If you want a cost-effective way to heat your home, radiant heating may be right for you. This type of heating may be a bit more costly to install than some other options; however, operating costs through the years that follow may make you smile.
- Works on All Floor Types: Best of all, radiant heating works with all floor types!
If radiant heating sounds like a good option to you, click here to continue your research and learn more about this home heating setup. Air Design can answer any questions you may have about radiant heating and other heating options for your home.
Air Design can help you with your heating needs! Contact the Air Design team today!