COVID-19 ACTION PLAN
The safety, health, and well-being of our team members and customers remain our top priority. As we continue to monitor all developments and communications regarding COVID-19, we are following the recommendations and guidance from local, state, federal authorities as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
The CDC and WHO have confirmed that this outbreak is to be considered a public health emergency; therefore, it is our collective responsibility to ensure we help maintain a healthy work environment and adhere to best practices.
Effective immediately, Air Design, Inc. has instituted the following Action Plan regarding the COVID-19 virus and how we will work diligently to stop the spread of the virus.
Maintain a Healthy Work Environment:
Team members are encouraged to keep a healthy work environment in order to control the spread of bacteria and germs in the workplace.
- Cover your mouth when sneezing and coughing. Sneeze/cough into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Use email and phone to communicate as possible.
- Conduct meetings via teleconference/conference call whenever possible.
- Remember to keep your hands clean by using sanitizers and frequently washing your hands.
We have also done the following to help maintain a healthy workplace for all team members:
- Provided hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, and sprays throughout the office and shop/workplace.
- Individual hand sanitizers and/or disinfectant wipes have been provided to all Field Service Technicians.
- Installed battery operated hand sanitizer stations throughout the workplace.
- Lysol disinfectant wipes have been placed in common areas throughout the workplace and service vehicles.
- Lysol aerosol sprays have been purchased and are readily available.
- Instituted 2x daily disinfectant wiping of all handrails, doorknobs throughout the workplace and all touch surfaces in service vehicles.
Symptoms and Sick Policy:
Symptoms of the COVID-19 virus include:
- Shortness of Breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
Should any employee feel the above symptoms, in part or in whole, or believe they may have been exposed to the virus, then they must:
- Immediately inform Air Design, Inc. management.
- Seek medical care for appropriate testing.
- Obtain a written medical return to work clearance from their Physician with proof of a valid test taken and passed.
Any employees confirmed to have the COVID-19 virus:
- Must disclose that information to Air Design, Inc. immediately,
- Will be required to leave the workplace and seek immediate medical care,
- Must remain in quarantine for the minimum required period of 14-days before they will be allowed to return to work,
- Must obtain a Physician’s written medical clearance to return to work, stating that they are symptom-free for the required period and fit and cleared to return to work.
COVID-19 Information Sources
- Nassau County Department of Health
- Suffolk County Department of Health Services
- New York City Department of health
- New York State Department of Health
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
As this situation continues to evolve, we will continue to refine and adjust this plan as needed.
Schedule an Appointment Today
For Emergency service, please contact the emergency line by calling 516-825-5066.